Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nasi No Lemak!

Its name is a Malay word that literally means "fatty rice" - wikipedia

As Malaysians, we can't run away from the fact that we love to eat Nasi Lemak! No matter how much we adapt a healthy lifestyle, nasi lemak is not something we will never eat. Hubby and I are no exception!

But I make my own version of nasi lemak. It's without the 'lemak' i.e. without any coconut milk. It tastes almost the same as how it would if you'd use coconut milk. Key word: almost the same.

For the first time I cooked petai. I have never eaten petai in my 30 years of existence. A friend of mine gave me some peeled ones, and I decided to make petai + anchovies sambal for the nasi lemak.



Nasi No Lemak!
Wonder why the egg looks so glistering when so little oil was used.
Must be the lighting I suppose.




2 comments:

  1. That's it!! I just got SUPER hungry after seeing your photos. Looks YUMMY! I've not once attempted to make this coz it seems tedious. How long did you take to prepare this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe sorry for this late response. Been sick and on MC for two days! No mood to even come online! Hey, you should try it out.. It's really easy peasy. It took me less than an hour to make everything. The kacang were in a packet, I just added the fried anchovies in it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's communicate!