Monday, February 20, 2012

Clomid

Clomifene (INN) or clomiphene (USAN) (also known as Clomifert), marketed as Clomid, is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that increases production of gonadotropins by inhibiting negative feedback on the hypothalamus. It is used mainly in female infertility, in turn mainly as ovulation induction to reverse oligoovulation or anovulation such as in infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome, as well as being used for ovarian hyperstimulation, such as part of an in vitro fertilization procedure.[1] Clomifene citrate is marketed under various trade names including Clomid, Serophene, and Milophene. -Wikipedia

We did first round of clomid plus HCG trigger shot on our last cycle. But failed. Nothing happened. Except for UTI. 

And the period that I got following this cycle, OH MY GOD! One of the worst periods I have ever had. I got it on Monday at around 5am, and I was in so much pain despite taking Ponstan 500mg. My back was hurting like someone was stabbing a knife at it! I couldn't get up from the bed. I of course had to be on EL. Hubby was so worried to leave me alone at home. But I didn't want to go to my mum's or anywhere. I just wanted to be left alone. The pain was so bad that I didn't have the chance to even feel depressed. I was at a juncture where all I wanted was to be normal. I was willing to tell the doctor, just get the surgery over and done with and we don't have to keep trying anymore, let nature take it's cause. I just want the pains to stop. Enough is enough. I even have to wear a loose dress, and I couldn't wear any jeans or pants - it hurt.

We went to the doctor's the next day, and my period by then was not as heavy. I could walk. Thank goodness, cuz hubby couldn't follow me in the morning. He was called by his boss no matter what to be in office in the morning. Work is work eh? I managed to drive and slowly got myself up to the clinic. Gave my card and told the nurse, that if my number comes up and my hubby isn't here yet, I will wait. But knowing how it is there, by the time hubby came and joined me, my number was not up yet.

Doctor has advised to go on another round of clomid and IUI (intrauterine insemination). I was a bit hesitant at the beginning, as I was more for the surgery, but after the doc explained why etc, I said okay. We went again on Day 6 to check on the eggs. I have 3 eggs on my right ovary but only 2 active, and 1 egg on my left ovary, which is active. On Day 11 is my next appointment, and most likely IUI if the eggs are matured. The egg has to reach a minimum size of 16mm in diameter in order for it to be fertilized. Currently, mine is at 11mm. I am not on any injectables. Let's see how the eggs do on Day 11.

The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!