Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Failed 3rd cycle Clomid + 2nd cycle IUI

I guess I should say - what else is new? It does make me wonder. I did everything right. I didn't stress about it. I laid down for almost 45 minutes after the procedure. Was on bed rest that one day. I was told I should not eat too spicy, too sweet or too salty food. I did exactly just that, despite being well known for enjoying food with chillies! Oh, and the best part - don't lift anything heavy. Even a kettle filled with water! Now for me, that was a bit too much, but it's okay, I still followed.

I was positive - not in the bad way, but just relaxed about my two week wait. Didn't bother counting my days only until the second week. On Day 12, we went to a mandir - a Hindu temple, where we do go sometimes - and we were told by the priest that it did happen. He told me to be careful, to take care for the next two weeks. I was like - trust me, I am already taking care. I can't do more. I was also told to not think that I am going to get my period as I was having cramps etc. Ok, fine.

Then comes Day 16, Sat, approx 1.30pm, I had a chemical pregnancy. If you have experience a chemical pregnancy, you will know how it feels like. The pain, the clots (not the normal period clots), the heartache. 

But I don't feel anything this time. I don't know why. Perhaps I am too bitter about it? Or perhaps I just don't care. Whatever it is, it's good. At least I am not depressed. The only thing is, the pain is excruciating. I do not know how I dragged myself to work yesterday. Painkillers have been my best friend for the past 4 days. 

What's next you might ask? Nothing. For now. We have decided to do the laparoscopy and then take it from there. I believe it's the hydrosalpinx that has been causing these chemical pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!