Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An apple a day? Not for me!

Yes, there is a way to lose weight rapidly. But trust me, it ain’t a long term option. You may try it for a week or two. How do I know this? Cuz my husband tried it, and it worked. I tried it, and it failed. I ended up binging even more, had gastric attacks, and became weak. So you see, it may or may not work for you, and again, this ain’t a long term option as it is very unhealthy.

Hubby's favorite black coffee!
Have you watched the movie “The Machinist”? The actor, Christian Bale dropped 63 lbs. to play a man whose health deteriorates after not sleeping for a year. And what did he do to lose this much of weight? Coffee, cigarettes and an apple a day.

No, my husband was not sick to his mind to stick to coffee and just one apple a day. He drank black coffee and ate 2 Granny Smith’s apple a day for lunch with very little to have for dinner.  But even doing so, he lost a substantial amount of weight, as he combined this with his workout routine, daily.

I, for one, would not go on that diet ever. The way I binged in the evening was crazy. What’s the point of going on a diet, when you end up binging? It’s weather you want to admit or not – most dieters end up binging!  And yes, I am not shy to admit that I binge.

So bottom line is, no matter what you try, if you want to lose weight, then do it the right way. Exercise! Reduce your calorie intake! Stop eating unhealthy food! If you are confused, don’t know where to start, need someone to push you, then contact Ela. We definitely needed a kick start. (Well, don’t look at me so much – look at my hubby who has proven that with determination, it’s all possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!