Saturday, June 30, 2012

Proud parents

I am not a mom, yet. But I do hope that when and if we are blessed with a child, I pray to God the child is healthy and we as parents are able to bring them up just like how my brother and sister in law are bringing up their kids. Yes, I know, it's not good to compare a child. But you see, we don't have a kid yet, and it is only these two adorable kids we have closest to our hearts. In fact, although hubby doesn't talk much about them, he is the Uncle who loves them discreetly to bits.

Is it really that hard to bring up kids with the right foundation? Perhaps it is. But it's not impossible. My brother and I did not have a great childhood. In fact, our childhood was never a childhood to begin with. It doesn't mean if you are brought up in a certain way, you automatically bring up your kids the same way. It can be a wonderful upbringing if you want it to be. When I think of them, I see a unit. A bond. Their kids are still young, and this is how it is now, can you imagine when their kids grow up? They wouldn't go far too off course.

Yesterday I got one of the numerous good news about my adorable niece and nephew on their results in school. And guess what was the first thing my niece said out loud, "Thank you Lord for making my Mummy and Papa proud of me". Now, this can only be taught by example, instilled with love. 

All said and done, these kids are well disciplined too. It's not all about love & affection. And not forgetting how parents these days spoil their kids rotten. So it all comes down to you, the parent. How much are you willing to give into the upbringing of your child, your family? 

Yes, it may all be talk for now, since we do not have a child  yet. That's why I said, I pray to God the child is healthy and we as parents are able to bring them up just like how my brother and sister in law are bringing up their kids.

My brother and SIL have been, still is and will always be two people we look up upon. I am so blessed to have them in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Babe you'll be an awesome mom!! I'm 200% convinced. And your bro and SIL sound like awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks so much babe! Yes, indeed they are! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's communicate!