Friday, June 29, 2012

What is becoming to humanity?


Image courtesy of Google Images
One evening, as I was driving, I saw a couple and a baby with a motorbike parked at the side of the road, and waving at cars to stop. They looked fine. But no one stopped, including me. God forbid, if they really were in need of help, hope they did get it eventually. But it seemed a bit suspicious as well.

My first instinct was to stop and wind down the passenger’s side mirror and ask what happened. But then immediately I thought of all the scam / “pukau” stories that I hear and read almost every day now, I decided not to stop. I was alone. What if it’s a scam? But I did keep thinking also, what if it wasn’t?

If it was our parents’ era, we would have been very compassionate. But now, we have to think of the possibility of what if these act of in need of help is a scam and we are open to not only getting robbed, but raped, assaulted, hurt and probably even killed.

Seriously, what is becoming to humanity?

2 comments:

  1. Babe dont stress yourself too much, with the kind of crimes we have these days you can never be too sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, we can never be too sure. But makes you wonder - what is becoming these days.... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Let's communicate!