Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pork tenderloin

Although we can eat pork, I don't enjoy it and hardly eat it. I do cook at home (which is quite rare to have me making a pork dish on its own), but it's more for hubby. I am very happy to just have my chapati and dhal! :)

Anyway, I was suppose to make pan fried chicken for my Day 3 dinner, but I didn't realize I thawed pork tenderloin instead! What a bummer! Since it was already thawed, no way that was going back into the freezer or even fridge for that matter. What do I do? I made this:

And surprisingly, even I enjoyed a few bites of it. Here's the recipe:

1 cut of tenderloin
1 1/2 cup of Minute Maid's Citrus flavored juice
1 cup of water
4 to 5 table spoons of black pepper sauce
1 cup of frozen green peas (optional)

Put all the ingredients with the tenderloin in a non stick pan. Let it slow cook over the lowest heat for about an hour and a half or two. In between, all you have to do is turn the tenderloin. Once it's done, just add green peas if you want. I added because I had to have some greens. Yes, I'm weird.

I had some of the pork cut into small pieces. So I just mixed all in.

The best part is, I just left it and did some chores, my workout on the treadmill, took a shower, and by the time I came back to the kitchen, dinner was ready :)  All I had to do was slice them, serve on a plate, with some of the juice.

Oh, and of course, no oil, no hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!