Friday, September 7, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I got to know about this book through a friend. Finally, I decided heck, why not. 

When I did go to a bookstore, it was out of stock. I thought to myself, wow, the book is so in demand? The weekend after I went again - since I was passing by - and yeap, there it was. Without thinking twice, picked it up, went to the cashier, and walked out with it. That was on last Sunday afternoon. I started to read the book that evening itself and I couldn't put the book down. I had already gone through 260 over pages! Hubby was like - "whoa, you may wanna slow down a little. At the rate you are going, I won't be surprised if you finish it this very night." Okay, he was right. Monday came and although I so wanted to bring the book with me to office, I didn't. I knew I won't be able to put it down again and that would be no good. I finished the book on Wed night.

Fifty Shades of Grey is a 2011 erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Set largely in Seattle, it is the first installment in a trilogy that traces the deepening relationship between a college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and a young business magnate, Christian Grey. - Wikipedia
 

If you are into romance, erotic fiction, don't mind reading details on bondage and discipline (BDSM), not offended with the detailed exploration on sex, then it's your loss if you don't read this! I do not know why some say it's a parasitic fan fiction based on the recent Twilight vampire series. Maybe you may see a similarity but I have never watched Twilight, so I can't comment and compare.

I am never a person who collects books. Yes, I love to read, but I am not a collector. I have this principle, or rather, this habit, if something isn't used for 3 months, it's out of the home. BUT, Fifty Shades trilogy will be my first set of books to start on my collection! Yes, you read that right - it's a series of 3 books in total. I am on my second one now.

This is not your ordinary romance fiction. This will blow you away in ways you never imagine. And it's addictive. 


No, seriously, I mean it - addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!