Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hubby reached his goal in 4 months!

In April 2012, hubby was weighing at 98kg. On September 1st 2012, he reached his goal of 70kg! In 4 months, he lost a total of 28kgs!

Now hold on to your horses! He didn't starve himself. If you read this post, you would know that no meals are skipped. He was of course very determined, disciplined and committed to his routine - meals & exercise/workouts. During this time, he concentrated on cardio.

Now that he has reached his goal, he has now begun to eat normal (still healthy) on alternate days. Those are the days he does weights. On days he eats lesser, he does workout for the core. Cardio is everyday, but lesser intensity.

I started to call him skinny bone because I could see his pelvic bones popping out, his ribs were clearly visible etc etc. He had a reason for this. Now when he puts on weight, it will be the muscle weight. Not putting on on the existing body fat.


The weird thing is, why does everyone think if you lose weight you are sick? Everyone who meets him asks him "Are you sick?". Now that I am losing some weight, I am getting that too. Not as often as mine is not that visible. But still. The next someone asks me, I am going to reply "Why? If I was fatter I am healthy?". What is with people and their perception?

10 comments:

  1. all talk and no show. where's the picture of the six pack? where? where? ehehe.

    that's really something. 28kg is huge!

    just dont go ending up like Christian Bale in the machinist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I think I should crop his face from a before and after photo and put it up! Hahah Yeah, 28kg is indeed huge. Honestly, he was inspired by Christian Bale in The Machinist :)

      Delete
    2. inspired by the machinist? really?

      psst. u should ask him... 'what are you guilty of?'

      Delete
    3. Yeap yeap... true indeed. Hahah Guilty of being overweight and unhealthy! :p

      Delete
  2. OMG 28kgs in 4 months? That is amazing, congratulate him for me. Ok now I'm inspired too! Maybe after I get well la. No idea why they would say that, maybe these are just negative ppl la - always assuming the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah babe, 28kgs in 4 months! I was shocked as well! But really inspired la by him :) Hope u get well soon babe.

      Yeap, negative people. Always waiting to throw out negative vibes!

      Delete
  3. I suppose losing weight drastically spashly such biggo digits would make one look sick. I remember watching Biggest Loser Asia, what was his name... I think Raj or something. Lost 49% of his weight did make him look sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a point. But the thing is, he didn't look sick nor did he look haggard. He just lost weight. But thank God now he has started on his weights workout :) I have a lot of catching up to do still!!

      Delete
  4. What? really? 28 Kgs in 4 months? Is that even possible? :D
    Superb efforts I must say! Weight loss + good health.. what else could you ask for? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap yeap, true indeed! It is possible, but you gotta have the commitment. I tried it for a week, and I lost 1.9kgs. True true, should never jeopardize your health.

      Delete

Let's communicate!