Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rava Dhosa / Thosa

Yes, I attempted to make Rava Thosa. Hubby really loved it, although it was my very first attempt. I got the idea of the recipe from here. And as usual, I didn't follow through with the recipe. Since I was just trying, I didn't want to make many. Just 2 each would be okay. So I used a small teacup as my measurement. It made 4 thosas. Here's my version of the recipe:
  • 1/2 cup fine semolina (fine Sooji)
  • 1/4 cup rice flour - I bought Baba's brand
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (Aata flour)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
  • A pinch of salt - adjust to taste
  • Approx. 2 cups of water
Yes, I didn't add any coriander or chillies. The way to do it is exactly as how it is in the video. This is how mine turned out: 
We had it with some no oil masala sardine :)  This was upon request as hubby was really in the mood for some sardine. 

No more having our weekend thosa in the restaurant anymore!

4 comments:

  1. i'll need to get a pan.

    and a stove. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah Hey, you should... make simple easy peasy meals for yourself :)

      Delete
  2. Wow babe, looks good and it has inspired me to make this for Sairah and Anand - he loves dhosai! Quick q, where to buy the semolina? Indian shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do try it out, it's really very easy! The semolina can be gotten from anywhere - even places like Jaya Grocer and yes, any Indian shop would have it too.

      Delete

Let's communicate!