Thursday, November 1, 2012

Karva Chauth - Mehndi / Henna

Yes, I am fasting tomorrow (2nd Nov). No, it's not a religion thing. No, it's not my first time, but yes, it's my first time doing it almost the right way - not with the pooja stuff etc. Anyway, why I have decided to do it this year this way, is because I feel that the bond my husband and I share is very much stronger. We are more in tune with each other. Perhaps the TTC journey has made us this way. I wouldn't want it any other way. 

Karva Chauth (Hindi: करवा चौथ, Punjabi: ਕਰਵਾ ਚੌਥ) is an annual one-day festival celebrated by Hindu and some Sikh women in North India, the Indian state of Gujarat and parts of Pakistan in which married women fast from sunrise to moonrise for the safety and longevity of their husbands. - Wikepedia

First off, the mehndi / henna. I contacted a few henna artists on FB but some of them never even bothered to reply me. And then I forgot about it until 25th Oct when I decided to email Nakreze Mehndi. I got a reply the very next day and she was keen to do it for me. In the midst of having so many things going on in office and at home, I thought that 2nd November was still another week ahead. Next thing I realized, it was this week! Nevertheless, Leena of Nakreze was so very accommodating. Mind you, I had even told her that I only wanted a design between RM10-20, and yet, she didn't hesitate, what more turn me down, to come personally to my home and do it for me. Yes, just for me, one person. Now where can you get such a service? For a mere RM10-20 design per side, almost every henna artist would say no or would tell you to go by their place instead.

It was raining yesterday night. I was worried for her, not because I might not be able to get the henna done, but for her safety. Yes, I am a nice person okay? :) But she was so calm and cool, and told me not to worry and that she will be at my place by 9.30pm. By the way, she even thinks ahead for you that you would have to have dinner etc, so once you are done with everything, she will come by to do the henna. 

The moment we met, I liked her instantly. She is very humble, down to earth, no arrogance, friendly and a very lovely, sweet young lady! I honestly hope that she will continue to remain this way even when she starts having big businesses coming her way. People like me will continue to sing songs of her. And no, this is not a paid review! 

Oh, the henna that she uses, doesn't even need any lime juice to be dabbed on. Just wait for an hour till it dries completely, scrub it off and don't wash your hands - even with just water for 12 hours. Since I had to come in to office super early today, I didn't have the 12 hours, but yet, the henna has darken.

So fancy some henna for an occasion, dinner, or just for the fun of it? Contact Leena - trust me, you won't regret it! 

Here's what it look like once I scraped it off:
   
In the morning when I woke up today:

Now:

  
No, my hands didn't turn from orange, to brown to white in one day! Blame it solely on the lighting and my lack of skills in photography! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!