Thursday, January 24, 2013

Turning 32

Yeap, there... I said my age. What's the dealio with women who don't wanna say their age? I can never understand. Anyway, my birthday was 5 days before "the news"

Last year, I felt so disappointed because every year without fail I go out of my way to ensure hubby's birthday is special. We not necessarily spend lavishly on gifts etc, but make it special by either having a holiday, buying little gifts that he could use daily, going out to nice dinner, etc.. 

And yes, usually even for my own birthday, I will be the one planning a getaway. Last year, I didn't. And guess what? Hubby didn't too. He didn't even take leave, nothing. Yeah, I am still a woman - I felt it. Plus there was this low self esteem issue going on with me. So it hit me hard. He did try to make it a nice evening, but I wasn't already in the mood for anything.

Anyway, towards the second half of the year I started telling him that he better make it up to me. This was before we started IVF. Then with all the injections etc, I forgot about it. Just before my birthday I told him, I sure hope he hasn't booked anything since I am house bound till the 15th. He says he hasn't and to leave it to him and not to ask again. 

Well well well, someone surely did some booking yesterday! I do not know where we are going. But I am definitely looking forward to it. For the first time in history, someone has done all the planning! Woohoo. I just have to sit back and enjoy the ride! I do not have any expectations, as long as we are going for a getaway, I am happy. I think we both need to recuperate and rejuvenate ourselves.

8 comments:

  1. Aww that's so nice, glad you're getting your belated birthday treat! Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy being 32, before you realize you're already 34. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh that's so true! But age is just a number eh? ;)

      Delete
  3. we're the same in this issue... its always me who plans for his birthday and for my own birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try nagging him a year in advance! Sometimes we just gotta stop what we do,and take a break. Then they realize it. Hopefully.

      Delete

Let's communicate!