|The end product. Proud of me self! Hubby gave it a 9/10!|
I couldn't really enjoy the whole thing but I didn't mind at all :)
I had to google around for a few recipes and finally came up with my own.
- Anchovies - cleaned, washed & dried - fry till crispy
- Eggs - 2 per person- poached in the soup. Remember the yellow should still be runny
- 2 medium onions - chopped finely - fry till crispy
- In a pot of water, add in 1 teaspoon of salt and about 6 acnchovies
- Bring the water to boil
- Add in the sayur manis vege that has been washed - 2 handfuls
- Grind soaked dry red chillies - 1 handful with a few pips of garlic, shallots and red chillies
- Once all is ground, put a tablespoon of oil on your non stick pan (I used Chefel)
- Let it cook on low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn
- I added in some salt as I didn't add in any dried prawns (as what most recipes call for)
- I used 1 small packet of minced pork bought from the supermarket
- Marinate it with light, dark & oyster sauce. Add in salt & black pepper as well.
- Cook till done
|Ingredients for The Chili|
|The Soup once the egg was poached in it|
|The Chili before cooking it|
|The whole works before assembly|
Now this is how I did it all in under 1 hour:
I marinated the minced pork and kept aside. Started working on the soup & eggs in a pot. Then I cooked the chilli, followed by frying the anchovies and onions and lastly the meat. All this was done in Chefel.
Now, another reason why I did it all in under an hour is because I didn't make my own noodles. I had yee mee noodle packet, I just used that. I cooked the noodle and kept aside. When assembling, I just added a drizzle of sesame oil and tossed it.