Friday, June 21, 2013

My very own homemade Chili Pan Mee

The end product. Proud of me self! Hubby gave it a 9/10!
I couldn't really enjoy the whole thing but I didn't mind at all :)

 
I had to google around for a few recipes and finally came up with my own.

 The Sides
  1. Anchovies - cleaned, washed & dried - fry till crispy
  2. Eggs - 2 per person- poached in the soup. Remember the yellow should still be runny
  3. 2 medium onions - chopped finely - fry till crispy
The Soup
  1. In a pot of water, add in 1 teaspoon of salt and about 6 acnchovies
  2.  Bring the water to boil
  3. Add in the sayur manis vege that has been washed - 2 handfuls
  4. Done
The Chilli
  1. Grind soaked dry red chillies - 1 handful with a few pips of garlic, shallots and red chillies 
  2. Once all is ground, put a tablespoon of oil on your non stick pan (I used Chefel)
  3. Let it cook on low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn
  4. I added in some salt as I didn't add in any dried prawns (as what most recipes call for)
 The Meat
  1. I used 1 small packet of minced pork bought from the supermarket
  2. Marinate it with light, dark & oyster sauce. Add in salt & black pepper as well. 
  3. Cook till done 
Ingredients for The Chili
The Soup once the egg was poached in it
The Chili before cooking it
The whole works before assembly

Now this is how I did it all in under 1 hour:

I marinated the minced pork and kept aside. Started working on the soup & eggs in a pot. Then I cooked the chilli, followed by frying the anchovies and onions and lastly the meat. All this was done in Chefel.

Now, another reason why I did it all in under an hour is because I didn't make my own noodles. I had yee mee noodle packet, I just used that. I cooked the noodle and kept aside. When assembling, I just added a drizzle of sesame oil and tossed it. 

The assembly

A clean kitchen at the end is always a must!

2 comments:

  1. Orang Kedah kata merelit dapuq! Which means super clean kitchen! Well done and 9/10 from me too, just by looking at the pictures :)

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you thank you!
      Hope you had a great weekend.

      Delete

Let's communicate!