Friday, June 14, 2013

The never ending chores

One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his house.He looked at his wife bewildered and asked, What happened here today?  She again smiled and answered, You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world did I do today? Yes was his incredulous reply. She answered, Well, today I didn’t do it.


Yes, I admit, I do love being a domestic goddess, but I am beginning to realize, that would be possible if I was just staying at home. Lately, I have been feeling exhausted to my core. Work load in office has been increasing and by the time I am home, I am mentally so tired. 

There have been days I wish I didn't have to cook, clean or even do the laundry. But if I don't cook, there's no home food to eat. If I don't clean, the home will be dirty. If I don't do the laundry, we would have to drive to Kepong - give and then collect the laundry.  Ahh yes yes, my dhobi is in Kepong. The cheapest so far I have ever found. RM0.80 for any piece of clothing to iron & RM2 per kg for washing.

You know, all of you who when you go home, a meal is already prepared, your clothes are already washed & ironed, your home is already cleaned - be grateful okay. And stop complaining when and if you have to do some minor chores. Imagine having to do it day in and day out. Remember no food is going to cook itself & be served by the time you reach home and you can't be relying on maggie mees like forever right?
Wouldn't it be nice, for once (or many2 times) when I get to a clean home, coffee is ready to drink with a snack or two, healthy dinner is prepared (not take away), dishes after dinner are all washed, clothes are washed & ironed, and I just relax! 

......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......




Oh wait, it can only be a dream.... 
Ahhhhhhhhhh dream on eh?

8 comments:

  1. not an impossible dream.

    we call this dream: the one with a maid. or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? But it's not an option for us. So I shall continue to dream on... hahah

      Delete
  2. Aah.. ditto feeling here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always feeling the same. sometimes im so tired that went i reached home what i really want is sleep but chores still need to be done. What else is the mens only knows to sit infront of tv and order everything. duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say the same for my hubs though because he does help.. heheh

      Delete
  4. Hi Lady Mira! Ahh yes... I know how it feels *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Let's communicate!