Friday, September 27, 2013

Dyschezia

Google Images
Constipation (also known as costiveness or dyschezia) refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass.Constipation is a common cause of painful defecation. Severe constipation includes obstipation (failure to pass stools or gas) and fecal impaction, which can progress to bowel obstruction and become life-threatening. - Wikipedia

Google Images
I purposely used a different word instead of constipation as the title. Hahah Well, it's a problem I have been facing for many years. It sucks. Wait a minute, before you begin to think of things for me to try, let me tell you this: I have tried almost everything. Bananas, psylium husk, yoghurt, oats, cultured drinks, papayas and I can't remember what else. 

I used to take laxatives before we did IVF, but then stopped for obvious reasons. Recently I tried NH Vege Plus. It worked wonders. But alas, when I bought the second box, it just stopped working for me.

Constipation suck! When I don't go for days, I end up feeling super bloated, get headaches, feel uncomfortable. 

There is daily input, but no output. Aiihhhh

4 comments:

  1. hows your diet like? suka makan pedas ke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I was just cruising your blog and I don't know why I couldnt stop reading. Haha.. anyway i feel you because I too have the same condition. I just thought I'd share with you my solution. COFFEE.. It may or may not work for you but i guess it's worth giving it a shot simply because it's cheap and easy. I just hope that you're a coffee person though.

    Here's what I do 1st THING when I wake up: Prepare a tall glass/big mug of coffee (with milk but NO sugar) and take small SIPS, with an EMPTY stomach. Do not consume anything else until you have pass motion. It may take you from half and hour to 2 hours, depending. Coffee & milk consistency should be THICK and strong. I usually drink it cold but you might want to experiment and see which works better.

    I'm not sure as to why this method works for me but it is the only way to kickstart my digestive system properly everyday now and I was suffering from constipation ever since I was a child.

    RECIPE (Ice Coffee):
    2 full tbs ground coffee (I use MOKATE's coffee, can be found in Jaya Grocer)
    4 full tbs powdered milk
    1/4 hot water (average size mug)
    a slightly bigger mug/glass filled with ice

    Mix the 1st three ingredients. You'll know that you've achieved the right consistency when your mixture is thick and creamy, almost like a runny yoghurt consistency (the closest example I could find). Pour the liquid into the other glass filled with ice. Take your time sipping the drink and relax. I usually drink it while surfing the net as it relaxes me.

    Now, the reason why I dont include sugar is because I find that in my case, sugar only complicates the bowel problem, as well as salt and an average size meal.

    Be warn though if you're not a regular coffee drinker as the mixture might be too strong for you and cause temporary heart palpitations and extra alertness. So please exercise it with caution! You could decrease the measurement and experiment to what you're comfortable with if you prefer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooo..... "Hi I was just cruising your blog and I don't know why I couldnt stop reading" <-- Not this is a compliment that made me smile from ear to ear! Thank you so much! I do hope you will continue to read my blog!

      Oh wow... coffee eh? I luurrrvvveee coffee, so this would be just excellent! I will try it out beginning tomorrow. I have Starbucks grounded coffee, hope that will do.

      Thanks a lot for taking the time to write to me! xoxo

      Delete

Let's communicate!