Monday, December 30, 2013

Happiness with a condition (post inspired by Sweet Tooth)

I read a post by Sweet Tooth recently and it is so true kan? We always think we will be happy if we acquire / achieve something – whether it’s a goal, or a phase in our life, or just a materialistic thing.

Why can’t we just be happy as we are? Why do we have to wait for something to happen, or to get something, only then we think we will be happy? Remember, assume = ass you me. We got to stop making an ass out of others and ourselves. Who are we kidding? Will we really be happy if we have $10,000 in our bank account? What happens when the money is all spent? Back to being unhappy? There will always be something to achieve, something to get, something to think that you must have to feel happy.

But what happiness really is? Isn’t happiness is to be in all the little things around you? The people around you? You, yourself? Being alive each day is already something to be happy about, isn’t it?

I used to think that if I be a mom, I would be happy. But now I know, why my time wasn’t right. It probably never will be either. So am I suppose to dwell and be depressed about it?

Google Images

Now, I am just happy if I have a stress free day. Yeap. It’s that simple. No stress = Me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's communicate!