Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kampung ku :)

As I sit here and type this, I am back at my hometown in Pahang. The cool breeze, the sound of the insects, the lush greenery, the calm environment... It’s definitely nothing compared to being in a city. And no, no amount of living in a resort will amount to this either. Why? Cuz that’s temporary and it’s expensive!

We arrived in the evening, and the weather was simply superb. The scene in front of NanaJi’s house was breathtaking. I mean, it’s like you are seeing something from a wallpaper collection. Go figure.

Break of dawn
Evening scene
I miss all this. Imagine just sitting out in the evening and doing nothing but admiring the scenery around you, the cool breeze to accompany you as you have a quiet moment. In the city, I can only think of the concrete jungle, the heat, the humidity and the race against the clock. Even right now, the fan is on at 1, and yet I am cold. Yes, that’s right. Cold. Ahhh bliss.

I saw a picture once, as if it was taken in New Zealand. But when I decided to find the source of it, I was shocked that it’s right here in Malaysia. My ex-colleague even confirmed it as she had been there before. So I guess even within our country we can find not only a serene, but awesome looking place too. Sometimes it’s good to get out of the city. I guess we ought to put Sabah on our list as well for next year eh?
Google Images: Kundasang, Sabah

1 comment:

  1. Hi SL,
    Sorry, your comment is not visible as I removed imotiv :/ Doesn't give me a notification pun.
    Ish... yes yes, Sabah, here I come!

    ReplyDelete

Let's communicate!