Monday, December 23, 2013

Nail Salons

Over the years, I have tried many nail salons. Some very well established nail salons. But it is at these very well established nail salons that they are racist. Yes, sad but true. I am a non chinese, and they make it very obvious that I am not welcomed. C'mon, it's not that hard to notice especially when it's so obvious! 


Then came the phase of buying vouchers online and trying out different outlets. The best so far I have been to is Beau Monde Nail Boutique. The owner, Angeline, is so down to earth. Even her assistant is very nice. Their service is top notch. Although I was only redeeming my voucher, their service was as good as a walk in, full paying customer. Her customer service is what will get her to places.

Oh and another thing, since it's just two of them there, they go by appointments - one customer at a time. Or if you are in a group, then it's different. But really, I love the one customer at a time thingy :p

Mine & mom's.
The same day that afternoon, she was rushed to IJN emergency! What an irony eh? 
Again, mine & mom's. 
I went crazy that time. Sandy blue.
Matte purple/blue
It feels like home. It's so serene and cozy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm completely shocked and disappointed that it matters to some establishments what colour someone is! I'm so sorry these people have been so horrible to you.
    If it's any consolation, they don't deserve your business.
    I'm glad you did find a place you feel comfortable with to indulge your manicure love and they deserve the shout-out.
    By the way, I see you are a girl after my own heart - go glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, tell me about it. I was disappointed too! Ahh yes, I don't quite care about the world - I just follow me heart! :)

      Delete

Let's communicate!